Cubase, the DAW by Steinberg. The company has set standards in computer based production for over 30 years. They are best known for the VST standard, which Steinberg invented. Designed to meet the requirements of professional producers, composers and mixing engineers, Cubase Pro stands for cutting-edge technology, highly efficient workflows and unlimited possibilities. For countless music producers and audio engineers around the globe, Cubase Pro is the essential tool used when the job needs to get done. You can now try their flagship DAW for free!
Cubase Pro Editing
The many top-of-the-line tools that come with Cubase Pro let you edit and enhance your recordings in the most convenient and efficient way. Edit multiple tracks at once with the smart Track Edit Groups, quantize your recordings with the straight-forward AudioWarp tool set and push your vocal and monophonic audio recordings to perfection with the stunning VariAudio 2.0 audio editing and pitch alteration tool.
Cubase offers an unparalled 64-bit mixing engine. The state-of-the-art mixing environment in Cubase Pro is unmatched in terms of flexibility, quality and workflow. VCA faders and Control Link Groups let you master even complex mixing situations. The 5.1 surround support makes Cubase Pro the first choice in many film studios worldwide. The powerful Control Room concept seamlessly integrates performer mixes and monitoring setups into your recording and mixing workflow. The list just goes on and on.
Cubase Pro adds over 80 high-quality audio effects to your mixing arsenal. The beautifully spacious REVerence convolution reverb, the series of multiband processors including Multiband Compressor, Expander and Envelope Shaper, the surgically precise Frequency EQ, Voxengo’s spline CurveEQ, the Surround Panner, and this is only to name but a few. Cubase Pro also supports the integration of external effect devices and instruments, such as hardware synthesizers or hardware signal processors, into the sequencer signal flow.
Cubase Top 10 key features
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg recording and 64-bit mixing audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks and up to 256 physical inputs and outputs
- MixConsole for pro mixing desk experience and integrated high-end channel strip, VCA faders, Loudness Meter, Wave Meters
- Complete suite of over 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Frequency eight-band EQ and many more
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks, automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effects
- Intelligent compositional tools like Chord Track, Chord Pads and the advanced Chord Assistant for creative and playful composing of harmonic progressions and advanced voicings
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,400 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2, Groove Agent SE 4, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
- Full VST Expression 2 with Note Expression, VST Dynamics and Expression Maps for fully integrated workflows with musical articulations, dynamics and controller values
- Perfect integration of external hardware effect devices and instruments, such as synthesizers or signal processors, into the sequencer signal flow.
- VST Connect SE and VST Transit cloud collaboration services